By accessing or using Honest Date Bar’s services, you agree to be bound by these terms, including our Privacy and Cookie Policies, so it is important that you read this agreement carefully before you create an account. We may update the terms from time to time, so you should check this page regularly for updates.
Welcome to Honest Date Bar, in the case of users originating from within the United States, in the case of users originating from outside of the United States. As used in this Agreement, the terms “Honest Date Bar,” “us,” “we,” the “Company”, and “our” shall refer to Honestdate.io, as appropriate.
We reserve the right to modify, amend, or change the Terms at any time. Notice of any material change will be posted on this page with an updated effective date. In certain circumstances, we may notify you of a change to the Terms via email or other means, as appropriate under the circumstances. however, you are responsible for regularly checking this page for notice of any changes. We agree that future changes will not be retroactive without your consent. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acceptance of any change, and you will be legally bound by the updated Terms. If you do not accept a change to the terms, you should stop using our services immediately.
2. ACCOUNT ELIGIBILITY. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
Before you create an account on Honest Date Bar, make sure you are eligible to use our Services. This Section also details what you can and can’t do when using the Services, as well as the rights you grant Honest Date Bar.
By using our Services, you represent and warrant that:
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You are legally qualified to enter a binding contract with Honest Date Bar.
- You are single or separated from your spouse.
- You are not on any list of individuals prohibited from conducting business with the United States.
- You are not prohibited by law from using our services.
- You have not been convicted of or pled no contest to a felony or indictable. offense (or crime of similar severity), a sex crime, or any crime involving violence.
- You are not required to register as a sex offender with any state, federal or local sex offender registry.
- You do not have more than one account on our services.
- You have not previously been removed from our services by us, unless you have our express written permission to create a new account.
If at any time you cease to meet these requirements, you must immediately delete your account.
You agree to:
- Comply with these Terms, and check this page from time to time to ensure you are aware of any change.
- Comply with all applicable laws, including without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, and regulatory requirements.
- Use the latest version of the Website and/or App.
- Treat other users in a courteous and respectful manner, both on and off our services.
- Be respectful when communicating with any of our email@example.com representatives or other employees.
- Review the Safety Tips.
- Maintain a strong password and take reasonable measures to protect the security of your login information.
You agree that you will not:
- Misrepresent your identity, age, current or previous positions, qualifications, or affiliations with a person or entity.
- Use the Services in a way that damages the Services or prevents their use by other users.
- Use our Services in a way to interfere with, disrupt or negatively affect the platform, the servers, or our Services’ networks.
- Use our Services for any harmful, illegal, or nefarious purpose.
- Harass, bully, stalk, intimidate, assault, defame, harm or otherwise mistreat any person.
- Post or share Prohibited Content (see below).
- Solicit passwords for any purpose, or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users or disseminate another person’s personal information without his or her permission.
- Solicit money or other items of value from another user, whether as a gift, loan, or form of compensation.
- Use another user’s account.
- Use our Services in relation to fraud, a pyramid scheme, or other similar practice. or
- Violate the terms of the license granted to you by Honest Date Bar (see Section 6 below).
- Disclose private or proprietary information that you do not have the right to disclose.
- Copy, modify, transmit, distribute, or create any derivative works from, any Member Content or Our Content, or any copyrighted material, images, trademarks, trade names, service marks, or other intellectual property, content or proprietary information accessible through our Services without Honest Date Bar’s prior written consent.
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by Honest Date Bar.
- Use any robot, crawler, site search/retrieval application, proxy or other manual or automatic device, method or process to access, retrieve, index, “data mine,” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of our Services or its contents.
- Upload viruses or other malicious code or otherwise compromise the security of our Services.
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any information transmitted to or through our Services.
- “Frame” or “mirror” any part of our Services without Honest Date Bar’s prior written authorization.
- Use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to Honest Date Bar or the platform (or any trademark, trade name, service mark, logo or slogan of Honest Date Bar) to direct any person to any other website for any purpose.
- Modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of our Services, or cause others to do so.
- Use or develop any third-party applications that interact with our Services or Member Content or information without our written consent.
- Use, access, or publish the Honest Date Bar application programming interface without our written consent.
- Probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our Services or any system or network. or
- Encourage, promote, or agree to engage in any activity that violates these Terms.
Prohibited Content—Honest Date Bar prohibits uploading or sharing content that:
- Is likely to be deemed offensive or to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Is obscene, pornographic, violent or otherwise may offend human dignity, or contains nudity.
- Is abusive, insulting or threatening, discriminatory or that promotes or encourages racism, sexism, hatred or bigotry.
- Encourages or facilitates any illegal activity including, without limitation, terrorism, inciting racial hatred or the submission of which in itself constitutes committing a criminal offense.
- Is defamatory, libelous, or untrue.
- Relates to commercial activities (including, without limitation, sales, competitions, promotions, and advertising, solicitation for services, “sugar daddy” or “sugar baby” relationships, links to other websites or premium line telephone numbers).
- Involves the transmission of “junk” mail or “spam”.
- Contains any spyware, adware, viruses, corrupt files, worm programs or other malicious code designed to interrupt, damage or limit the functionality of or disrupt any software, hardware, telecommunications, networks, servers or other equipment, Trojan horse or any other material designed to damage, interfere with, wrongly intercept or expropriate any data or personal information whether from Honest Date Bar or otherwise.
- Infringes upon any third party’s rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights and privacy rights).
- Was not written by you or was automatically generated, unless expressly authorized by Honest Date Bar.
- Includes the image or likeness of another person without that person’s consent (or in the case of a minor, the minor’s parent or guardian), or is an image or likeness or a minor unaccompanied by the minor’s parent or guardian.
- Is inconsistent with the intended use of the Services. or
- May harm the reputation of Honest Date Bar or its affiliates.
The uploading or sharing of content that violates these terms (“Prohibited Content”) may result in the immediate suspension or termination of your account.
It is important that you understand your rights and responsibilities with regard to the content on our Services, including any content you provide or post. You are expressly prohibited from posting inappropriate content.
While using our Services, you will have access to: (i) content that you upload or provide while using our Services (“Your Content”). (ii) content that other users upload or provide while using our Services (“Member Content”). and (iii) content that Honest Date Bar provides on and through our Services (“Our Content”). In this agreement, “content” includes, without limitation, all text, images, video, audio, or other material on our Services, including information on users’ profiles and in direct messages between users.
3a. YOUR CONTENT
You are responsible for Your Content. Don’t share anything that you wouldn’t want others to see, that would violate this Agreement, or that may expose you or us to legal liability.
You are solely responsible and liable for Your Content, and, therefore, you agree to indemnify, defend, release, and hold us harmless from any claims made in connection with Your Content.
You represent and warrant to us that the information you provide to us or any other user is accurate, including any information submitted through Facebook or other third-party sources (if applicable), and that you will update your account information as necessary to ensure its accuracy.
The content included on your individual profile should be relevant to the intended use of our Services. You may not display any personal contact or banking information, whether in relation to you or any other person (for example, names, home addresses or postcodes, telephone numbers, email addresses, URLs, credit/debit card or other banking details). If you choose to reveal any personal information about yourself to other users, you do so at your own risk. We encourage you to use caution in disclosing any personal information online.
Your individual profile will be visible to other people around the world, so be sure that you are comfortable sharing Your Content before you post. You acknowledge and agree that Your Content may be viewed by other users, and, notwithstanding these Terms, other users may share Your Content with third parties. By uploading Your Content, you represent and warrant to us that you have all necessary rights and licenses to do so and automatically grant us a license to use Your Content as provided under Section 7 below.
You understand and agree that we may monitor or review Your Content, and we have the right to remove, delete, edit, limit, or block or prevent access to any of Your Content at any time in our sole discretion. Furthermore, you understand agree that we have no obligation to display or review Your Content.
3b. MEMBER CONTENT
While you will have access to Member Content, it is not yours and you may not copy or use Member Content for any purpose except as contemplated by these Terms.
Other users will also share content on our Services. Member Content belongs to the user who posted the content and is stored on our servers and displayed at the direction of that user.
You do not have any rights in relation to Member Content, and you may only use Member Content to the extent that your use is consistent with our Services’ purpose of allowing use to communicate with and meet one another. You may not copy the Member Content or use Member Content for commercial purposes, to spam, to harass, or to make unlawful threats. We reserve the right to terminate your account if you misuse Member Content.
3c. OUR CONTENT
Honest Date Bar owns all other content on our Services.
Any other text, content, graphics, user interfaces, trademarks, logos, sounds, artwork, images, and other intellectual property appearing on our Services is owned, controlled or licensed by us and protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property law rights. All rights, title, and interest in and to Our Content remains with us at all times.
We grant you a limited license to access and use Our Content as provided under Section 6 below, and we reserve all other rights.
4. INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT AND MISCONDUCT. REPORTING
Honest Date Bar does not tolerate inappropriate content or behavior on our Services.
We are committed to maintaining a positive and respectful Honest Date Bar community, and we do not tolerate any inappropriate content or misconduct, whether on or off of the Services. We encourage you to report any inappropriate Member Content or misconduct by other users. You can report a user directly through the “Report a Concern” link on a user’s profile or at the bottom of every email. You may also email Honest Date Bar Customer Service at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Member Content is subject to the terms and conditions of Sections 512(c) and/or 512(d) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1998. To submit a complaint regarding Member Content that may constitute intellectual property infringement, see Section 12 (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) below.
Privacy is important to us. We have a separate policy about it that you should read.
6. RIGHTS YOU ARE GRANTED BY Honest Date Bar
Honest Date Bar grants you the right to use and enjoy our Services, subject to these Terms.
For as long as you comply with these Terms, Honest Date Bar grants you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable, non-exclusive, revocable, and non-sublicensable license to access and use our Services for purposes as intended by Honest Date Bar and permitted by these Terms and applicable laws.
7. RIGHTS YOU GRANT Honest Date Bar
You own all of the content you provide to Honest Date Bar, but you also grant us the right to use Your Content as provided in this Agreement.
By creating an account, you grant to Honest Date Bar a worldwide, perpetual, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free right and license to host, store, use, copy, display, reproduce, adapt, edit, publish, translate, modify, and distribute Your Content, including any information you authorize us to access from Facebook or other third-party source (if applicable), in whole or in part, and in any format or medium currently known or developed in the future. Honest Date Bar’s license to Your Content shall be non-exclusive, except that Honest Date Bar’s license shall be exclusive with respect to derivative works created through use of our Services. For example, Honest Date Bar would have an exclusive license to screenshots of our Services that include Your Content.
In addition, so that Honest Date Bar can prevent the use of Your Content outside of our Services, you authorize Honest Date Bar to act on your behalf with respect to infringing uses of Your Content taken from our Services by other users or third parties. This expressly includes the authority, but not the obligation, to send notices pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) (i.e., DMCA Takedown Notices) on your behalf if Your Content is taken and used by third parties outside of our Services. Honest Date Bar is not obligated to take any action with regard to use of Your Content by other users or third parties. Honest Date Bar’s license to Your Content is subject to your rights under applicable law (for example, laws regarding personal data protection to the extent the content contains personal information as defined by those laws).
In consideration for Honest Date Bar allowing you to use our Services, you agree that we, our affiliates, and our third-party partners may place advertising on our Services. By submitting suggestions or feedback to Honest Date Bar regarding our Services, you agree that Honest Date Bar may use and share such feedback for any purpose without compensating you.
You agree that Honest Date Bar may access, preserve, and disclose your account information, including Your Content, if required to do so by law or upon a good faith belief that such access, preservation, or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with legal process. (ii) enforce these Terms. (iii) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties. (iv) respond to your requests for customer service. or (v) protect the rights, property or personal safety of the Company or any other person.
8. PURCHASES AND AUTOMATICALLY RENEWING SUBSCRIPTIONS
You will have the opportunity to purchase products and services from Honest Date Bar. If you purchase a subscription, it will automatically renew—and you will be charged—until you cancel.
Honest Date Bar may offer products and services for purchase through iTunes, Google Play or other external services authorized by Honest Date Bar (each, an “External Service,” and any purchases made thereon, an “External Service Purchase”). Honest Date Bar may also offer products and services for purchase via credit card or other payment processors on the Website or inside the App (“Internal Purchases”). If you purchase a subscription, it will automatically renew until you cancel, in accordance with the terms disclosed to you at the time of purchase, as further described below. If you cancel your subscription, you will continue to have access to your subscription benefits until the end of your subscription period, at which point it will expire.
Because our Services may be utilized without a subscription, canceling your subscription does not remove your profile from our Services. If you wish to fully terminate your membership, you must terminate your membership as set forth in Section 9.
8a. EXTERNAL SERVICE PURCHASES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS
External Service Purchases, including subscriptions, may be processed through the External Service, in which case those purchases must be managed through your External Service Account. Subscriptions automatically renew until you cancel.
When making a purchase on the Service, you may have the option to pay through an External Service, such as with your Apple ID or Google account (“your External Service Account”), and your External Service Account will be charged for the purchase in accordance with the terms disclosed to you at the time of purchase and the general terms applicable to your External Service Account. Some External Services may charge you sales tax, depending on where you live, which may change from time to time.
If your External Service Purchase includes an automatically renewing subscription, your External Service Account will continue to be periodically charged for the subscription until you cancel. After your initial subscription commitment period, and again after any subsequent subscription period, the subscription will automatically continue for the price and time period you agreed to when subscribing.
To cancel a subscription: If you do not want your subscription to renew automatically, or if you want to change or terminate your subscription, you must log in to your External Service Account and follow instructions to manage or cancel your subscription, even if you have otherwise deleted your account with us or if you have deleted the App from your device. For example, if you subscribed using your Apple ID, cancellation is handled by Apple, not Honest Date Bar. To cancel a purchase made with your Apple ID, go to Settings > iTunes & App Stores > [click on your Apple ID] > View Apple ID > Subscriptions, then find your Honest Date Bar subscription and follow the instructions to cancel. You can also request assistance at https://getsupport.apple.com. Similarly, if you subscribed on Google Play, cancellation is handled by Google. To cancel a purchase made through Google Play, launch the Google Play app on your mobile device and go to Menu > My Apps > Subscriptions, then find your Honest Date Bar subscription and follow the instructions to cancel. You can also request assistance at https://play.google.com. If you cancel a subscription, you may continue to use the cancelled service until the end of your then-current subscription term. The subscription will not be renewed when your then-current term expires.
If you initiate a chargeback or otherwise reverse a payment made with your External Service Account, Honest Date Bar may terminate your account immediately in its sole discretion, on the basis that you have determined that you do not want a Honest Date Bar subscription. In the event that your chargeback or other payment reversal is overturned, please contact email@example.com. Honest Date Bar will retain all funds charged to your External Service Account until you cancel your subscription through your External Service Account. Certain users may be entitled to request a refund. See Section 8d below for more information.
8b. INTERNAL PURCHASES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS
Internal Purchases, including subscriptions, are processed using the Payment Method you provide on the Website or App. Subscriptions automatically renew until you cancel.
If you make an Internal Purchase, you agree to pay the prices displayed to you for the Services you’ve selected as well as any sales or similar taxes that may be imposed on your payments (and as may change from time to time), and you authorize Honest Date Bar to charge the payment method you provide (your “Payment Method”). Honest Date Bar may correct any billing errors or mistakes even if we have already requested or received payment. If you initiate a chargeback or otherwise reverse a payment made with your Payment Method, Honest Date Bar may terminate your account immediately in its sole discretion, on the basis that you have determined that you do not want a Honest Date Bar subscription. In the event that your chargeback or other payment reversal is overturned, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your Internal Purchase includes an automatically renewing subscription, your Payment Method will continue to be periodically charged for the subscription until you cancel. After your initial subscription commitment period, and again after any subsequent subscription period, your subscription will automatically continue for the price and time period you agreed to when subscribing, until you cancel.
To cancel a subscription, log in to the Website and go to the Settings tool. If you cancel a subscription, you may continue to use the cancelled service until the end of your then-current subscription term. The subscription will not be renewed when your then-current term expires.
You may edit your Payment Method information by using the Settings tool. If a payment is not successfully processed, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts and authorize us to continue billing the Payment Method, as it may be updated. This may result in a change to your payment billing dates.
In addition, you authorize us to obtain updated or replacement expiration dates and card numbers for your credit or debit card as provided by your credit or debit card issuer. The terms of your payment will be based on your Payment Method and may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution, credit card issuer, or other provider of your chosen Payment Method. Certain users may be entitled to request a refund. See Section 8d below for more information.
8c. VIRTUAL ITEMS
Virtual items are non-refundable and subject to certain conditions.
From time to time, you may have the opportunity purchase a limited, personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to use or access special limited-use features from Honest Date Bar. You may only purchase Virtual Items from us or our authorized partners through our Services. Virtual Items represent a limited license right governed by this Agreement, and, except as otherwise prohibited by applicable law, no title or ownership in or to Virtual Items is being transferred or assigned to you. This Agreement should not be construed as a sale of any rights in Virtual Items.
Any Virtual Item balance shown in your account does not constitute a real-world balance or reflect any stored value, but instead constitutes a measurement of the extent of your license. Virtual Items do not incur fees for non-use. however, the license granted to you in Virtual Items will terminate in accordance with the terms of this Agreement, on the earlier of when Honest Date Bar ceases providing our Services, or your account is otherwise closed or terminated.
Honest Date Bar, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to charge fees for the right to access or use Virtual Items and/or may distribute Virtual Items with or without charge. Honest Date Bar may manage, regulate, control, modify, or eliminate Virtual Items at any time, including taking actions that may impact the perceived value or purchase price, if applicable, of any Virtual Items. Honest Date Bar shall have no liability to you or any third party in the event that Honest Date Bar exercises any such rights. The transfer of Virtual Items is prohibited, and you shall not sell, redeem, or otherwise transfer Virtual Items to any person or entity. Virtual Items may only be redeemed through our Services.
ALL PURCHASES AND REDEMPTIONS OF VIRTUAL ITEMS MADE THROUGH OUR SERVICES ARE FINAL AND NON-REFUNDABLE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT Honest Date Bar IS NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A REFUND FOR ANY REASON, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MONEY OR OTHER COMPENSATION FOR UNUSED VIRTUAL ITEMS WHEN AN ACCOUNT IS CLOSED, WHETHER SUCH CLOSURE WAS VOLUNTARY OR INVOLUNTARY.
You may cancel and receive a refund for your Lifetime Verified Member account within the first 30 days of account creation and have not utilized any of the services this subscription comes with. At any time you engage with the services this account offers, in no event will you be entitled to a refund.
All subscriptions purchases are final and nonrefundable, and there are no refunds or credits for partially used periods, except if the laws applicable in your jurisdiction provide for refunds.
Your Right to Cancel—You may cancel your subscription, without penalty or obligation, at any time prior to midnight of the date you subscribed.
If any of the above apply to you and you subscribed using your Apple ID, your refund requests are handled by Apple, not Honest Date Bar. To request a refund, please contact your External Service directly. for example using your Apple device, go to Settings > iTunes & App Stores > [click on your Apple ID] > View Apple ID > Purchase History. Find the transaction and select “Report a Problem.” You can also request a refund at https://getsupport.apple.com. For any other purchase, please contact Honest Date Bar Customer Service with your order number (see your confirmation email) by mailing or delivering a signed and dated notice which states that you, the buyer, are canceling this agreement, or words of similar effect. Please also include the email address or telephone number associated with your account along with your order number. This notice shall be sent to: email@example.com
8e. INSTALLMENT PLAN CONDITIONS
If you agree to make a purchase pursuant to the installment plan option, your purchase will be subject to these additional terms and conditions, including around eligibility, payment, and cancellation.
By selecting the option to pay in four payments and clicking subscribe, in addition to the terms set forth above, you agree to the following additional terms that will govern your installment plan purchase:
- Eligibility. To be eligible, you must be a Honest Date Bar member in good standing residing in the United States of America. This offer may not be available to every customer and may not be available for all Services Honest Date Bar offers. Honest Date Bar will not use a consumer credit report to determine your eligibility for this Agreement.
- Payment. You authorize Honest Date Bar to charge the Payment Method selected on a periodic basis (as determined when you register). You will be charged the full price of the qualifying product you selected spread equally over one initial payment due at the time of purchase and three subsequent payments (provided, however, that if the full price is not evenly divisible by four, your final payment amount may be smaller).The three subsequent payments will be charged in the increments you selected as part of your subscription plan. No interest or finance charges apply to this installment plan purchase. Any interest, finance charges or fees assessed by the issuer of your Payment Method may still apply. You are personally responsible for any applicable state, federal or other taxes that may be associated with your purchase of Services unless noted otherwise.
You can choose to prepay your next schedule payment or the full remaining balance at any time by contacting : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Honest Date Bar’s right to Terminate. If Honest Date Bar is not able to charge any payment to your Payment Method, Honest Date Bar reserves the right to pursue any remedy that is available to it, including the right to suspend or terminate your Honest Date Bar subscription and/or Honest Date Bar account. You agree that Honest Date Bar and its affiliates have no liability related to the exercise of these remedies.
- Cancellation Policy. Except as otherwise set forth herein, your subscription purchased through your installment plan will continue until terminated, cancelled, or not renewed by you or Honest Date Bar, as further described in this Agreement. If not terminated, cancelled, or not renewed, your Membership will continue to renew with installment payments, until you cancel or change your payment options, via your Account Settings. If you cancel a subscription, you may continue to use the cancelled service until the end of your then-current subscription term. The subscription will not be renewed when your then-current term expires. If you cancel your subscription prior to completing all payments due, unless otherwise required by applicable law, the remaining balance of the subscription will remain due and payable pursuant to the installment payment schedule you agreed to.
9. ACCOUNT TERMINATION
If you no longer wish to use our Services, or if we terminate your account for any reason, here’s what you need to know.
You can delete your account at any time by logging into the Website, going to “Settings” (the gear/pencil icon in the top right corner), and following the instructions to cancel your membership. However, you will need to cancel / manage any External Service Purchases through your External Service Account (e.g., iTunes, Google Play) to avoid additional billing.
Honest Date Bar reserves the right to investigate and, if appropriate, suspend or terminate your account without a refund if you have violated these Terms, misused our Services, or behaved in a way that Honest Date Bar regards as inappropriate or unlawful, on or off our Services. We reserve the right to make use of any personal, technological, legal, or other means available to enforce the Terms, at any time without liability and without the obligation to give you prior notice, including, but not limited to, preventing you from accessing the Services.
10. PUBLIC RECORD CHECKS
Honest Date Bar conduct public record chests on its users. I understand that Honest Date Bar needs my authorization to conduct a public record check to comply with platform policy and consent to the data practices described in this statement. In order to better provide you with products and services offered on our site, Honest Date Bar may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
- First and Last Name
- Mailing Address
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
- Job Title
Honest Date Bar may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your:
- Political Affiliation
- Household Income
I agree to provide any personal data needed to conduct the public record check. I understand that if I refuse to undergo a public record check, Membership to the Honest Date Bar will not be granted. I understand too that if I consent to a public record check, all public information results will be reported to the Honest Date Bar and displayed in my member profile. If I disagree with any of the information found in my public record check, I understand it is my personal responsibility to notify Honest Date Bar and provide proof of irregularities.
I hereby consent to undergo the public record check. I authorize any software retained by Honest Date Bar to conduct this public record check and to provide the results to Honest Date Bar. I release Honest Date Bar, any person affiliated with Honest Date Bar, and any institution or person conducting the public record check, from liability. I give this consent pursuant to all state and federal privacy statutes and waive all rights to nondisclosure of this public record record and results only to the extent of the disclosures authorized in this form.
I have read and understood this consent form, without any coercion or duress by any individual or institution.
10a. NO CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS
Honest Date Bar does not conduct criminal background checks on its users. Use your best judgment when interacting with others and check out our Safety Tips.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT Honest Date Bar DOES NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ITS USERS. Honest Date Bar MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT,, INTENTIONS, LEGITIMACY, OR VERACITY OF USERS. Honest Date Bar RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONDUCT—AND YOU AUTHORIZE Honest Date Bar TO CONDUCT—ANY CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK OR OTHER SCREENINGS (SUCH AS SEX OFFENDER REGISTER SEARCHES) AT ANY TIME USING AVAILABLE PUBLIC RECORDS, AND YOU AGREE THAT ANY INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE MAY BE USED FOR THAT PURPOSE. IF THE COMPANY DECIDES TO CONDUCT ANY SCREENING THROUGH A CONSUMER REPORTING AGENCY, YOU HEREBY AUTHORIZE THE COMPANY TO OBTAIN AND USE A CONSUMER REPORT ABOUT YOU TO DETERMINE YOUR ELIGIBILITY UNDER THESE TERMS.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS. SEX OFFENDER SCREENINGS AND OTHER TOOLS DO NOT GUARANTEE YOUR SAFETY AND ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR FOLLOWING THE SAFETY TIPS AND OTHER SENSIBLE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS. ALWAYS USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND TAKE APPROPRIATE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS WHEN COMMUNICATING WITH OR MEETING NEW PEOPLE. COMMUNICATIONS RECEIVED THROUGH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING AUTOMATIC NOTIFICATIONS SENT BY Honest Date Bar, MAY RESULT FROM USERS ENGAGING WITH THE SERVICE FOR IMPROPER PURPOSES, INCLUDING FRAUD, ABUSE, HARASSMENT, OR OTHER SUCH IMPROPER BEHAVIOR.
Though Honest Date Bar strives to encourage a respectful user experience, it is not responsible for the conduct of any user on or off the Service. You agree to use caution in all interactions with other users, particularly if you decide to communicate off the Service or meet in person.
Honest Date Bar’s Services are provided “as is” and we do not make, and cannot make, any representations about the content or features of our Services.
Honest Date Bar PROVIDES OUR SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO OUR SERVICES (INCLUDING ALL CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN), INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Honest Date Bar DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT (A) OUR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE, (B) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS IN OUR SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (C) THAT ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION YOU OBTAIN ON OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE. FURTHERMORE, Honest Date Bar MAKES NO GUARANTEES AS TO THE NUMBER OF ACTIVE USERS AT ANY TIME. USERS’ ABILITY OR DESIRE TO COMMUNICATE WITH OR MEET YOU, OR THE ULTIMATE COMPATIBILITY WITH OR CONDUCT BY USERS YOU MEET THROUGH THE SERVICES.
Honest Date Bar TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONTENT THAT YOU OR ANOTHER USER OR THIRD PARTY POSTS, SENDS, OR RECEIVES THROUGH OUR SERVICES NOR DOES Honest Date Bar TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE IDENTITY, INTENTIONS, LEGITIMACY, OR VERACITY OF ANY USERS WITH WHOM YOU MAY COMMUNICATION THROUGH Honest Date Bar. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF OUR SERVICES IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. Honest Date Bar IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER HARDWARE, COMPUTER SOFTWARE, OR OTHER EQUIPMENT OR TECHNOLOGY INCLUDING, BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE FROM ANY SECURITY BREACH OR FROM ANY VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, FRAUD, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER LINE OR NETWORK FAILURE, OR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL OR OTHER MALFUNCTION.
12. DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
We take copyright infringement very seriously. We ask you to help us to ensure we address it promptly and effectively.
Honest Date Bar has adopted the following policy towards copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”). If you believe any Member Content or Our Content infringes upon your intellectual property rights, please submit a notification alleging such infringement (“DMCA Takedown Notice”) including the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law. and
- A statement that, under penalty of perjury, the information in the notification is accurate and you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Any DMCA Takedown Notices should be sent to email@example.com
Honest Date Bar will terminate the accounts of repeat infringers.
13. ADS AND THIRD-PARTY CONTENT
Like many subscription-based services, there are ads on our websites.
Our Services may contain advertisements and promotions offered by third parties and links to other websites or resources. Honest Date Bar may also provide non-commercial links or references to third parties within its content. Honest Date Bar is not responsible for the availability (or lack of availability) of any external websites or resources or their content. Furthermore, Honest Date Bar is not responsible for, and does not endorse, any products or services that may be offered by third-party websites or resources. If you choose to interact with the third parties made available through our Services, such party’s terms will govern their relationship with you. Honest Date Bar is not responsible or liable for such third parties’ terms or actions.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
Honest Date Bar’s liability is limited to the maximum extent by applicable law.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL Honest Date Bar, ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS, OR SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM: (I) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES, (II) THE CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES ON, THROUGH, OR FOLLOWING USE OF THE SERVICES. OR (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE, OR ALTERATION OF YOUR CONTENT, EVEN IF Honest Date Bar HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL Honest Date Bar’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO THE SERVICES EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO Honest Date Bar FOR THE SERVICES WHILE YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT.
THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY PROVISIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION 14 SHALL APPLY EVEN IF YOUR REMEDIES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FAIL WITH RESPECT TO THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
15. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
In the unlikely event that we have a legal dispute, here is what you need to know.
If you are dissatisfied with our Services for any reason, please contact Honest Date Bar Customer Service first so that we can try to resolve your concerns without the need of outside assistance. If you choose to pursue a claim against Honest Date Bar, these terms will apply.
15a. ARBITRATION, CLASS-ACTION WAIVER, AND JURY WAIVER
If you pursue a legal claim against Honest Date Bar, you agree to arbitration (with limited exceptions).
- The exclusive means of resolving any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement (including any alleged breach thereof) or our Services shall be BINDING ARBITRATION administered by JAMS under the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules & Procedures, except as modified by our Arbitration Procedures. The one exception to the exclusivity of arbitration is that either party has the right to bring an individual claim against the other in a small-claims court of competent jurisdiction, or, if filed in arbitration, the responding party may request that the dispute proceed in small claims court if the party’s claim is within the jurisdiction of the small claims court. If the responding party requests to proceed in small claims court before the appointment of the arbitrator, the arbitration shall be administratively closed, and if requested after the appointment of the arbitrator, the arbitrator shall determine if the dispute should be decided in arbitration or if the arbitration should be administratively closed and decided in small claims court. Whether you choose arbitration or small-claims court, you may not under any circumstances commence or maintain against the Company any class action, class arbitration, or other representative action or proceeding.
- By using our Services in any manner, you agree to the above arbitration agreement. In doing so, YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend any claims between you and the Company (except for matters that may be taken to small-claims court). YOU ALSO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR OTHER CLASS PROCEEDING. Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR, NOT A JUDGE OR JURY, and the arbitrator shall determine all issues regarding the arbitrability of the dispute. You are entitled to a fair hearing before the arbitrator. The arbitrator can grant any relief that a court can, but you should note that arbitration proceedings are usually simpler and more streamlined than trials and other judicial proceedings. Decisions by the arbitrator are enforceable in court and may be overturned by a court only for very limited reasons. For details on the arbitration process, see our Arbitration Procedures.
- Any proceeding to enforce this arbitration agreement, including any proceeding to confirm, modify, or vacate an arbitration award, may be commenced in any court of competent jurisdiction. In the event that this arbitration agreement is for any reason held to be unenforceable, any litigation against the Company (except for small-claims court actions) may be commenced only in the federal or state courts located in New York City, New York. You hereby irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of those courts for such purposes.
15b. GOVERNING LAW
New York City law and the Federal Arbitration Act will apply if there is a dispute (except where prohibited by law).
Except where our arbitration agreement is prohibited by law, the laws of New York, U.S.A., excluding New York’s conflict of laws rules, will apply to any disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement or our Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Arbitration Agreement in Section 15a above shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. For the avoidance of doubt, the choice of New York governing law shall not supersede any mandatory consumer protection legislation in such jurisdictions.
Any claims that are not submitted to arbitration for any reason must be litigated in New York City, New York (except for claims brought in small claims court, or where prohibited by law).
Except for claims that may be properly brought in a small claims court of competent jurisdiction in the county or other jurisdiction in which you reside or in New York City, New York, all claims arising out of or relating to this Agreement, to our Services, or to your relationship with Honest Date Bar that for whatever reason are not submitted to arbitration will be litigated exclusively in the federal or state courts of New York, New York, U.S.A. You and Honest Date Bar consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction of courts in the State of New York and waive any claim that such courts constitute an inconvenient forum.
16. INDEMNITY BY YOU
You agree to indemnify Honest Date Bar if a claim is made against Honest Date Bar due to your actions.
You agree, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Honest Date Bar, our affiliates, and their and our respective officers, directors, agents, and employees from and against any and all complaints, demands, claims, damages, losses, costs, liabilities, and expenses, including attorney’s fees, due to, arising out of, or relating in any way to your access to or use of our Services, Your Content, Your conduct toward other users, or your breach of this Agreement.
17. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
By using our Services, you accept the Terms of this Agreement.
The section headings and summaries contained herein are inserted for convenience only and shall not be considered in interpreting any term or provision hereof. All pronouns and any variations thereof shall be deemed to refer to the masculine, feminine, neuter, singular or plural as the identity of the entities or persons referred to any require. Any word both capitalized and uncapitalized will be deemed to have the same meaning.
18. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
This Agreement supersedes any previous agreements or representations.
19. SPECIAL STATE TERMS
Special terms apply in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Rhode Island, Wisconsin
For subscribers residing in New York:
- The Services do not guarantee any number of “referrals”—rather, the functionality of the Services is such that the subscriber can view as many profiles as he/she would like.
- You may review the New York Dating Service Consumer Bill of Rights here.
For subscribers residing in North Carolina:
Welcome to Honest Date Bar. Thank you for taking the time to read it.
We appreciate that you trust us with your information and we intend to always keep that trust. This starts with making sure you understand the information we collect, why we collect it, how it is used and your choices regarding your information. This Policy describes our privacy practices in plain language, keeping legal and technical jargon to a minimum.
1. WHO WE ARE
Honest Date Bar
1 Little West 12th Street
NEW YORK, NY 10014
If you live outside the United States or Canada, the company responsible for your information is:
Honest Date Bar
1 Little West 12th Street
NEW YORK, NY 10014
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
It goes without saying, we can’t help you develop meaningful connections without some information about you, such as basic profile details and the types of people you’d like to meet. We also collect information generated as you use our services, for example access logs, as well as information from third parties, like when you access our services through a social media account. If you want additional info, we go into more detail below.
Information you give us
You choose to give us certain information when using our services. This includes:
- When you create an account, you provide us with at least your login credentials, as well as some basic details necessary for the service to work, such as your gender and date of birth.
- When you complete your profile, you can share with us additional information, such as details on your personality, lifestyle, interests and other details about you, as well as content such as photos and videos. To add certain content, like pictures or videos, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album. Some of the information you choose to provide us may be considered “special” or “sensitive” in certain jurisdictions, for example your racial or ethnic origins, sexual orientation and religious beliefs. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of that information.
- When you subscribe to a paid service or make a purchase directly from us (rather than through a platform such as iOS or Android), you provide us or our payment service provider with information, such as your debit or credit card number or other financial information.
- When you participate in surveys or focus groups, you give us your insights into our products and services, responses to our questions and testimonials.
- When you choose to participate in our promotions, events or contests, we collect the information that you use to register or enter.
- If you contact our customer care team, we collect the information you give us during the interaction. Sometimes, we monitor or record these interactions for training purposes and to ensure a high quality of service.
- If you ask us to communicate with or otherwise process information of other people (for example, if you ask us to send an email on your behalf to one of your friends), we collect the information about others that you give us in order to complete your request.
- Of course, we also process your chats with other users as well as the content you publish, as part of the operation of the services.
Information we receive from others
In addition to the information you provide us directly, we receive information about you from others, including:
- Other Users
Other users may provide information about you as they use our services. For instance, we may collect information about you from other users if they contact us about you. Also, if a user asks us to access contacts from his/her phonebook and you happen to be one of those, we may use it to reach out to you on behalf of the user.
- Social Media
You may be able to use your social media login (such as Facebook Login) to create and log into your Honest Date Bar account. This saves you from having to remember yet another user name and password and allows you to share some information from your social media account with us.
- Other Partners
We may receive info about you from our partners, for instance when Honest Date Bar accounts can be created through a partner’s websites (in which case they pass along registration information to us) or where Honest Date Bar ads are published on a partner’s websites and platforms (in which case they may pass along details on a campaign’s success).
Information collected when you use our services
When you use our services, we collect information about which features you’ve used, how you’ve used them and the devices you use to access our services. See below for more details:
- Usage Information
We collect information about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them (e.g., date and time you logged in, features you’ve been using, searches, clicks and pages which have been shown to you, referring webpage address, advertising that you click on) and how you interact with other users (e.g., users you connect and interact with, time and date of your exchanges, number of messages you send and receive).
- Device Information
We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our services, including:
- hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, device-specific and apps settings and characteristics, app crashes, advertising IDs (such as Google’s AAID and Apple’s IDFA, both of which are randomly generated numbers that you can reset by going into your device’ settings), browser type, version and language, operating system, time zones, identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g., IMEI/UDID and MAC address)
- information on your wireless and mobile network connection, like your service provider and signal strength.
- information on device sensors such as accelerometers, gyroscopes and compasses.
- Other information with your consent
If you give us permission, we can collect your precise geolocation (latitude and longitude) through various means, depending on the service and device you’re using, including GPS, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connections. The collection of your geolocation may occur in the background even when you aren’t using the services if the permission you gave us expressly permits such collection. If you decline permission for us to collect your geolocation, we will not collect it.
Similarly, if you consent, we may collect your photos and videos (for instance, if you want to publish a photo, video or streaming on the services).
4. COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) have a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) feature that tells a website that a user does not want to have his or her online activity tracked. If a website that responds to a DNT signal receives a DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many businesses, including Honest Date Bar, do not currently respond to DNT signals.
5. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
The main reason we use your information is to deliver and improve our services. Additionally, we use your info to help keep you safe and to provide you with advertising that may be of interest to you. Read on for a more detailed explanation of the various reasons we use your information, together with practical examples.
To administer your account and provide our services to you
- Create and manage your account
- Provide you with customer support and respond to your requests
- Complete your transactions
- Communicate with you about our services, including order management and billing
To help you connect with other users
- Analyze your profile and that of other users to recommend meaningful connections
- Show users’ profiles to one another
To ensure a consistent experience across your devices
- Link the various devices you use so that you can enjoy a consistent experience of our services on all of them. We do this by linking devices and browser data, such as when you log into your account on different devices or by using partial or full IP address, browser version and similar data about your devices to help identify and link them.
To serve you relevant offers and ads
- Administer sweepstakes, contests, discounts or other offers
- Develop, display and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our services and other sites
- Communicate with you by email, phone, social media or mobile device about products or services that we think may interest you
To improve our services and develop new ones
- Administer focus groups and surveys
- Conduct research and analysis of users’ behavior to improve our services and content (for instance, we may decide to change the look and feel or even substantially modify a given feature based on users’ behavior)
- Develop new features and services (for example, we may decide to build a new interests-based feature further to requests received from users).
To prevent, detect and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
- Address ongoing or alleged misbehavior on and off-platform
- Perform data analysis to better understand and design countermeasures against these activities
- Retain data related to fraudulent activities to prevent against recurrences
To ensure legal compliance
- Comply with legal requirements
- Assist law enforcement
- Enforce or exercise our rights, for example our Terms
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Provide our service to you: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, as you go about using our service to build meaningful connections, we use your information to maintain your account and your profile, to make it viewable to other users and recommend other users to you.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For instance, we analyze users’ behavior on our services to continuously improve our offerings, we suggest offers we think might interest you, and we process information for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
6. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Since our goal is to help you make meaningful connections, the main sharing of users’ information is, of course, with other users. We also share some users’ information with service providers and partners who assist us in operating the services, with other Honest Date Bar Group companies and, in some cases, legal authorities. Read on for more details about how your information is shared with others.
- With other users
You share information with other users when you voluntarily disclose information on the service (including your public profile). Please be careful with your information and make sure that the content you share is stuff that you’re comfortable being publically viewable since neither you nor we can control what others do with your information once you share it.
If you choose to limit the audience for all or part of your profile or for certain content or information about you, then it will be visible according to your settings.
- With our service providers and partners
We use third parties to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, marketing, advertising, payment processing and security operations.
We may also share information with partners who distribute and assist us in advertising our services. For instance, we may share limited information on you in hashed, non-human readable form to advertising partners.
We follow a strict vetting process prior to engaging any service provider or working with any partner. All of our service providers and partners must agree to strict confidentiality obligations.
- We may also share information with other Honest Date Bar Group companies for legitimate business purposes such as corporate audit, analysis and consolidated reporting as well as compliance with applicable laws. We may also share user information with other Honest Date Bar Group companies to remove users who violate our terms of service, or have been reported for criminal activity and/or bad behavior. In some instances, we may remove that user from all platforms.
- For corporate transactions
We may transfer your information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control.
- When required by law
We may disclose your information if reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government / law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements; (ii) to assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
- To enforce legal rights
We may also share information: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
- With your consent or at your request
We may ask for your consent to share your information with third parties. In any such case, we will make it clear why we want to share the information.
7. CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
Sharing of information laid out in Section 6 sometimes involves cross-border data transfers, for instance to the United States of America and other jurisdictions. As an example, where the service allows for users to be located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), their personal information is transferred to countries outside of the EEA. We use standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission or other suitable safeguard to permit data transfers from the EEA to other countries. Standard contractual clauses are commitments between companies transferring personal data, binding them to protect the privacy and security of your data.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
We want you to be in control of your information, so we have provided you with the following tools:
- Access / Update tools in the service. Tools and account settings that help you to access, rectify or delete information that you provided to us and that’s associated with your account directly within the service. If you have any question on those tools and settings, please contact our customer care team for help at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Device permissions. Mobile platforms have permission systems for specific types of device data and notifications, such as phone book and location services as well as push notifications. You can change your settings on your device to either consent or oppose the collection of the corresponding information or the display of the corresponding notifications. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
- Deletion. You can delete your account by using the corresponding functionality directly on the service.
We want you to be aware of your privacy rights. Here are a few key points to remember:
- Reviewing your information. Applicable privacy laws may give you the right to review the personal information we keep about you (depending on the jurisdiction, this may be called right of access, right of portability or variations of those terms). You can request a copy of your personal information by putting in such a request at: email@example.com.
- Updating your information. If you believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or that we are no longer entitled to use it and want to request its rectification, deletion or object to its processing, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer the above requests.
Keep in mind, we may reject requests for certain reasons, including if the request is unlawful or if it may infringe on trade secrets or intellectual property or the privacy of another user. If you wish to receive information relating to another user, such as a copy of any messages you received from him or her through our service, the other user will have to contact our Privacy Officer to provide their written consent before the information is released.
Also, we may not be able to accommodate certain requests to object to the processing of personal information, notably where such requests would not allow us to provide our service to you anymore. For instance, we cannot provide our service if we do not have your date of birth.
- Uninstall. You can stop all information collection by an app by uninstalling it using the standard uninstall process for your device. If you uninstall the app from your mobile device, the unique identifier associated with your device will continue to be stored. If you re-install the application on the same mobile device, we will be able to re-associate this identifier to your previous transactions and activities.
- Accountability. In certain countries, including in the European Union, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how we process your personal information. The data protection authority you can lodge a complaint with notably may be that of your habitual residence, where you work or where we are established.
9. RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA
If you are a California resident, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information about you that we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To request this notice, please submit your request at: email@example.com. Please allow 30 days for a response. For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer such a request.
10. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We work hard to protect you from unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. As with all technology companies, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will always remain secure.
We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices to update our physical, technical and organizational security measures.
We may suspend your use of all or part of the services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. If you believe that your account or information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes (as laid out in Section 5) and as permitted by applicable law.
In practice, we delete or anonymize your information upon deletion of your account, unless:
- we must keep it to comply with applicable law;
- we must keep it to evidence our compliance with applicable law;
- there is an outstanding issue, claim or dispute requiring us to keep the relevant information until it is resolved; or
- the information must be kept for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users’ safety and security. For example, information may need to be kept to prevent a user who was banned for unsafe behavior or security incidents from opening a new account.
Keep in mind that even though our systems are designed to carry out data deletion processes according to the above guidelines, we cannot promise that all data will be deleted within a specific timeframe due to technical constraints.
12. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our services are restricted to users who are 18 years of age or older. We do not permit users under the age of 18 on our platform and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you suspect that a user is under the age of 18, please use the reporting mechanism available through the service.
Because we’re always looking for new and innovative ways to help you build meaningful connections, this policy may change over time. We will notify you before any material changes take effect so that you have time to review the changes.
14. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you live in the United States or Canada:
Online at: email@example.com.
Honest Date Bar
1 Little West 12th Street
NEW YORK, NY 10014
If you live outside the United States or Canada:
Online at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Honest Date Bar
1 Little West 12th Street
NEW YORK, NY 10014
Honest Date Bar is committed to protecting your privacy. We aim to provide trustworthy, industry-leading products and services so that you can focus on building meaningful connections. Our approach to privacy is to provide you with clear information about our data practices. That’s why we’ve tried to keep legal and technical jargon to a minimum.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to or accessed from your web browser or your device’s memory. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie originated, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e., when it expires) and a randomly generated unique number or similar identifier. A cookie also may contain information about your device, such as user settings, browsing history and activities conducted while using our services.
Are there different types of cookies?
First-party and third-party cookies
There are first-party cookies and third-party cookies. First-party cookies are placed on your device directly by us. For example, we use first-party cookies to adapt our website to your browser’s language preferences and to better understand your use of our website. Third-party cookies are placed on your device by our partners and service providers. For example, we use third-party cookies to measure user numbers on our website or to enable you to share content with others across social media platforms.
Session and persistent cookies
There are session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies only last until you close your browser. We use session cookies for a variety of reasons, including to learn more about your use of our website during one single browser session and to help you to use our website more efficiently. Persistent cookies have a longer lifespan and aren’t automatically deleted when you close your browser. These types of cookies are primarily used to help you quickly sign-in to our website again and for analytical purposes.
What about other tracking technologies, like web beacons?
Other technologies such as web beacons (also calls pixel tags or clear gifs), tracking URLs or software development kits (SDKs) are used for similar purposes. Web beacons are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognise when someone has visited our service or opened an e-mail that we have sent them. Tracking URLs are custom generated links that help us understand where the traffic to our webpages comes from. SDKs are small pieces of code included in apps, which function like cookies and web beacons.
When you visit our website, some or all of the following types of cookies may be set on your device.
Essential website cookies
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas.
These cookies help us understand how our website is being used, how effective marketing campaigns are, and help us customize and improve our websites for you.
These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, selecting advertisements that are based on your interests and measuring the number of ads displayed and their performance, such as how many people clicked on a given ad.
Social networking cookies
These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our website through third-party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
How can you control cookies?
There are several cookie management options available to you. Please note that changes you make to your cookie preferences may make browsing our website a less satisfying experience. In some cases, you may even find yourself unable to use all or part of our site.
Browser and devices controls
Some web browsers provide settings that allow you to control or reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. The procedure for managing cookies is slightly different for each internet browser. You can check the specific steps in your particular browser help menu.
You also may be able to reset device identifiers by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device. The procedure for managing device identifiers is slightly different for each device. You can check the specific steps in the help or settings menu of your particular device.
Interest-based advertising tools
You can opt out of seeing online interest-based advertising from participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance, the Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance or Appchoices (apps only).
Opting out does not mean you will not see advertising – it means you won’t see personalized advertising from the companies that participate in the opt-out programs. Also, if you delete cookies on your device after you opted out, you will need to opt-out again.
To allow you to share content on social media, some features of this website use social media plug-ins (e.g., Twitter™ “Share to Twitter” or LinkedIn™ “in” buttons). Depending on your social media account settings, we automatically receive information from the social media platform when you use the corresponding button on our website.
Stuff Google Wants to Make Sure You Know about Google’s Data Collection Technology
Google™ Maps API Cookies
Some features of our website and some Honest Date Bar services rely on the use of Google™ Maps API Cookies. Such cookies will be stored on your device.
When browsing this website and using the services relying on Google™ Maps API cookies, you consent to the storage, collection of such cookies on your device and to the access, usage and sharing by Google of the data collected thereby.
Google™ manages the information and your choices pertaining to Google™ Maps API Cookies via an interface separate from that supplied by your browser. For more information, please see https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/.
You can opt out of Google Analytics by visiting www.google.com/settings/ads or by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How to contact us?
If you live in the United States or Canada:
Online at: email@example.com.
Honest Date Bar
1 Little West 12th Street
NEW YORK, NY 10014
If you live outside the United States or Canada:
Online at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Honest Date Bar
1 Little West 12th Street
NEW YORK, NY 10014
Meeting new people is exciting, but you should always be cautious when interacting with someone you don’t know. Use your best judgment and put your safety first, whether you are exchanging initial messages or meeting in person. While you can’t control the actions of others, there are things you can do to help you stay safe during your Honest Date Bar experience.
- Never Send Money or Share Financial Information
Never send money, especially over wire transfer, even if the person claims to be in an emergency. Wiring money is like sending cash — it’s nearly impossible to reverse the transaction or trace where the money went. Never share information that could be used to access your financial accounts. If another user asks you for money, report it to us immediately.
For tips on avoiding romance scams, check out some advice from the U.S Federal Trade Commission on the FTC website or in the video below.
- Protect Your Personal Information
Never share personal information, such as your social security number, home or work address, or details about your daily routine (e.g., that you go to a certain gym every Monday) with people you don’t know. If you are a parent, limit the information that you share about your children on your profile and in early communications. Avoid sharing details such as your children’s names, where they go to school, or their ages or genders.
- Stay on the Platform
Keep conversations on the Honest Date Bar platform while you’re getting to know someone. Users with bad intentions often try to move the conversation to text, messaging apps, email, or phone right away.
- Be Wary of Long Distance and Overseas Relationships
Watch out for scammers who claim to be from your country but stuck somewhere else, especially if they ask for financial help to return home. Be wary of anyone who will not meet in person or talk on a phone/video call—they may not be who they say they are. If someone is avoiding your questions or pushing for a serious relationship without meeting or getting to know you first — that’s a red flag.+
- Report All Suspicious and Offensive Behavior
You know when someone’s crossed the line and when they do, we want to know about it. Block and report anyone that violates our terms. Here are some examples of violations:
- Requests for money or donations
- Underage users
- Harassment, threats, and offensive messages
- Inappropriate or harmful behavior during or after meeting in person
- Fraudulent profiles
- Spam or solicitation including links to commercial websites or attempts to sell products or services
- You can report any concerns about suspicious behavior from any profile page or messaging window.
- Protect Your Account
Be sure to pick a strong password, and always be careful when logging into your account from a public or shared computer. Honest Date Bar will never send you an email asking for your username and password information — if you receive an email asking for account information, report it immediately.
Meeting in Person
- Don’t Be In A Rush
Take your time and get to know the other person before agreeing to meet or chat off Honest Date Bar. Don’t be afraid to ask questions to screen for any red flags or personal dealbreakers. A phone or video call can be a useful screening tool before meeting.
- Meet in Public and Stay in Public
Meet for the first few times in a populated, public place — never at your home, your date’s home, or any other private location. If your date pressures you to go to a private location, end the date.
- Tell Friends and Family About Your Plans
Tell a friend or family member of your plans, including when and where you’re going. Have your cell phone charged and with you at all times.
- Be in Control of Your Transportation
We want you to be in control of how you get to and from your date so that you can leave whenever you want. If you’re driving yourself, it’s a good idea to have a backup plan such as a ride-share app or a friend to pick you up.
- Know Your Limits
Be aware of the effects of drugs or alcohol on you specifically — they can impair your judgment and your alertness. If your date tries to pressure you to use drugs or drink more than you’re comfortable with, hold your ground and end the date.
- Don’t Leave Drinks or Personal Items Unattended
Know where your drink comes from and know where it is at all times — only accept drinks poured or served directly from the bartender or server. Many substances that are slipped into drinks to facilitate sexual assault are odorless, colorless, and tasteless. Also, keep your phone, purse, wallet, and anything containing personal information on you at all times.
- If You Feel Uncomfortable, Leave
It’s okay to end the date early if you’re feeling uncomfortable. In fact, it’s encouraged. And if your instincts are telling you something is off or you feel unsafe, ask the bartender or server for help.
- LGBTQ+ Travel
Be careful while traveling. We recognize and believe in the importance of being inclusive of all gender identities and sexual orientations, but the reality is this: nowhere in the world is without potential risk, and some countries have specific laws that target LGBTQ+ people. Check out the laws around you when you travel to a new place and research what types of legal protection, if any, are available to you based on sexual orientation. In the event that you’re in unsafe territory, we suggest that you do not log into your Honest Date Bar account while you are there. If you choose to log in, you should place your profile in Hidden or Private Mode.
It’s important to exercise extra caution if you choose to connect with new people in these countries – as some law enforcement have been known to use dating apps as tools for potential entrapment. Some countries have also recently introduced laws that criminalize communications between individuals on same-sex dating applications or websites and even aggravate penalties if that communication leads to sexual encounters. Visit ILGA World to see the latest sexual orientation laws by country, and consider donating to support their research. Source: visiILGA World, Updated March 2019
Sexual Health & Consent
- Protect Yourself
When used correctly and consistently, condoms can significantly reduce the risk of contracting and passing on STI’s like HIV. But, be aware of STIs like herpes or HPV that can be passed on through skin-to-skin contact. The risk of contracting some STIs can be reduced through vaccination.
- Know Your Status
Not all STIs show symptoms, and you don’t want to be in the dark about your status. Stay on top of your health and prevent the spread of STIs by getting tested regularly. Here’s where you can find a clinic near you (US only).
- Talk About It
Communication is everything: Before you get physically intimate with a partner, talk about sexual health and STI testing. And be aware — in some places, it’s actually a crime to knowingly pass on an STI. Need help starting the conversation? Here are some tips.
All sexual activity must start with consent and should include ongoing check-ins with your partner. Verbal communication can help you and your partner ensure that you respect each other’s boundaries. Consent can be withdrawn at any time, and sex is never owed to anyone. Do not proceed if your partner seems uncomfortable or unsure, or if your partner is unable to consent due to the effects of drugs or alcohol. Read more about it here.
Resources for Help, Support, or Advice
Remember — even if you follow these tips, no method of risk reduction is perfect. If you have a negative experience, please know that it is not your fault and help is available. Report any incidents, and consider reaching out to one of the resources below. If you feel you are in immediate danger or need emergency assistance, call 911 (U.S. or Canada) or your local law enforcement agency.
RAINN’s National Sexual Assault Hotline
1-800-656-HOPE (4673) | online.rainn.org | www.rainn.org
1-800-230-7526 | www.plannedparenthood.org
National Domestic Violence Hotline
1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or 1-800-787-3224 | www.thehotline.org
National Human Trafficking Hotline
1-888-373-7888 or text 233733 | www.humantraffickinghotline.org
National Sexual Violence Resource Center
1-877-739-3895 | www.nsvrc.org
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
1-800-THE-LOST (843-5678) | www.cybertipline.com
Cyber Civil Rights Initiative
1-844-878-2274 | www.cybercivilrights.org
VictimConnect – Crime Victim Resource Center
1-855-4VICTIM (855-484-2846) | www.victimconnect.org
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center
LGBT National Help Center
1-888-843-4564 | www.glbtnationalhelpcenter.org
1-877-565-8860 (US) or 1-877-330-6366 (CA) | www.translifeline.org
If you are outside the US:
- Click here for information regarding international sexual orientation laws from the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association (ILGA).
- Overview. Arbitration is an alternative to litigation where a neutral person (the arbitrator) hears and decides the parties’ dispute. Arbitration proceedings are designed to provide parties with a fair hearing in a manner that is faster and less formal than court proceedings. The following procedures (the “Arbitration Procedures”) are applicable to all arbitration proceedings involving you and Honest Date Bar.
- Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution. Honest Date Bar is always interested in resolving disputes amicably and efficiently. So before you commence an arbitration, we suggest that you contact us to explain your complaint, as we may be able to resolve it without the need for arbitration. You may contact us online or at Honest Date Bar Legal, 1 Little West 12th Street NEW YORK, NY 10014
- Administrator. The administrator for the arbitration is JAMS, an organization that is not affiliated with Honest Date Bar. JAMS facilitates, but does not itself conduct, the arbitration. The arbitrator who will hear and decide your dispute will be chosen from JAMS’s roster of neutral arbitrators. For information on JAMS, please visit its website, https://www.jamsadr.com/. Information about JAMS’s rules and fees for resolving disputes can be found at JAMS’s Streamlined Arbitration Rules & Procedures page, https://www.jamsadr.com/rules-streamlined-arbitration/.
- Applicable Rules. The arbitration will be governed by JAMS’s Streamlined Arbitration Rules & Procedures (the “JAMS Rules”), as modified by these Arbitration Procedures. If there is any inconsistency between the JAMS Rules and these Arbitration Procedures, the Arbitration Procedures will control. However, if the arbitrator determines that strict application of the Arbitration Procedures would not result in a fundamentally fair arbitration, the arbitrator may make any order necessary to provide a fundamentally fair arbitration that is consistent with the JAMS Rules.
- Commencing an Arbitration. To commence an arbitration against Honest Date Bar, you must complete a short form, submit it to JAMS, and send a copy to Honest Date Bar at Honest Date Bar Legal, 1 Little West 12th Street NEW YORK, NY 10014. To learn more about commencing an arbitration and to obtain a form to institute arbitration, please visit the JAMS website and download the form available at: https://www.jamsadr.com/files/Uploads/Documents/JAMS_Arbitration_Demand.pdf. You may represent yourself in the arbitration or have a lawyer (or some other representative) act on your behalf. Upon receipt of an arbitration claim, Honest Date Bar may assert any counterclaims it may have against the complaining party.
- Fees. You are responsible for paying your portion of the fees set forth in the JAMS fee schedule for consumer disputes. Honest Date Bar will pay all remaining fees. If your claim against Honest Date Bar is for less than $1,000, and you succeed on the merits, we will pay all fees. If you believe you cannot afford the JAMS fee, you may apply to JAMS for a fee waiver.
- Discovery. Each party may (a) request relevant, non-privileged documents from the other party; and (b) request that the other party provide the particulars of its claims or defenses. Any such discovery requests must be served on the other party within 21 days after the arbitrator’s appointment. The responding party shall provide the requesting party with all responsive, non-privileged documents, the requested particulars, and/or any objections to the requests within 15 days after receipt of the requests. Any disputes about discovery or requests for extensions shall be submitted promptly to the arbitrator for prompt resolution. In ruling on any discovery dispute or extension request, the arbitrator shall take into consideration the nature, amount, and scope of the underlying arbitration claim, the cost and other effort what would be involved in providing the requested discovery, the case schedule, and whether the requested discovery is necessary for the adequate preparation of a claim or defense.
- Communications with the Arbitrator. Whenever communicating with the arbitrator, the parties must include each other – for example, by including the other party on a telephone conference call and copying the other party on any written submissions, such as letters or emails. To the extent practicable, conferences with the arbitrator will take place by telephone conference call or email. Ex parte communications are not permitted with any arbitrator.
- Confidentiality. Upon either party’s request, the arbitrator will issue an order requiring that confidential information of either party disclosed during the arbitration (whether in documents or orally) may not be used or disclosed except in connection with the arbitration or a proceeding to enforce the arbitration award and that any permitted filing of confidential information must be done under seal.
- Arbitration Hearing. The Parties agree to waive an oral Hearing and submit the dispute to the Arbitrator for an Award based on written submissions and other evidence as the Parties may agree, unless a party requests an oral Hearing in writing within 10 days after the arbitrator’s appointment.
- Arbitration Award. The arbitrator will render a written decision within 30 days after the hearing or, if no hearing was held, within 14 days after any rebuttal or supplemental statements are due. The decision must clearly specify the relief, if any, awarded and contain a brief statement of the reasons for the award.